Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Favourites and Empties!

…..it’s it really almost May?! I can't believe it. Anyway....


Instead of making two separate posts that are closely related, here's one giant post!!





Here's everything I've been loving this month! Listed clockwise, from top right:








Bath and Body Works (travel size) Body Lotion in Wild Citrus Sunflower
This came free with a purchase I made, and they only had a limited scent selection and so I grabbed this one on a whim. I absolutely love it!! The scent is not overpowering, and it's small enough to carry around in my purse. 
Physicians Formula Bronze Gems Bronzer, Highlighter & Eyeshadow compact in Light Bronzer
This is a pretty old product, I got it on clearance at Rite-Aid I don't know how long ago. But I love love LOVE the matte finish on the left side of this compact. It's light enough for my super fair skin, but enough to contour and give me some colour for the sunny spring days. 
Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink
I didn't think I'd like this blush as much as I do! The flecks of gold glitter put me off, and so I shoved this into the back of my makeup drawer for a few weeks. Out of the blue one day I put it on and was surprised at how the gold doesn't completely jump out and scream "PEEK A BOO!" It's just enough to catch your eye, and the pink colour is delightful. A basic light pink, but perfect for cool, fair skin.
Nail Lacquers: Essie "Brazilliant,", L'Oréal "Fleur de Lis," and Essie "Turquoise and Caicos"
These three colours have been on rotation on my nails since probably.....late February. I was most pleased with Brazilliant because I in no way expected an orange to look this flattering! It has enough cool undertone to it that it doesn't look odd or "freakish" on me like I feared it would.
Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light
I don't know what it is about this month but my dark circles have been HORRIBLE lately! This is the ONLY concealer that can adequately cover them in anyway. Shame on you, Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer; you disappoint me, MAC Select Cover Up. The one problem with Glamoflauge is that it has the potential to look very cakey if not blended quickly. But even with that, I've been wearing this everyday.
Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Airbrushing Powder in Translucent Light
This didn't work for me at ALL as a foundation itself, but I find that it is the perfect consistency and finish to set my TM this month.
Tarte smooth operator Amazonian Clay Tinted Moisturizer in Agent 00
I know, I know. I complain about my dark circles and then turn around and use a TM. What am I thinking? Well let me tell you, my Revlon Colorstay has been suffocating me this month. It's been unseasonably humid (...is that even possible in Tennessee? I think for April, yes.) Smooth operator is the PERFECT colour on me and the finish is just...I can't even describe it. Perfect? Close. It's a little dewy for my tastes, which is why I set it with the PF above, but other than that it is amazing. I apply it with either a flat-top kabuki or (more often lately) a slightly dampened Beauty Blender. 
EcoTools 5 Piece Mineral Brush Set
I was looking for a new kabuki brush as mine totally disintegrated. (Moment of silence...) For $9.99 at Rite-Aid this set was a freakin' steal. It comes with the mini kabuki, a mini concealer brush, a mini powder brush, and the cute little bag! Which, I actually use to store my tiny lippie collection. The brushes are very good quality, and I've been using them each every day. Perfect for liquid and mineral foundations and powders!
Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss
I know this came out late last year, but this peach colour matches so perfectly with the eye looks I've been sporting lately and the size is perfect to throw in my purse. This is one of four Baby Lips balms I have and I love them to pieces. This is my favourite "everyday" colour. The others (besides Peppermint and Quench which are untinted) are too bright for me for everyday looks; however Grape Vine is gorgeous for nights out!
L'Oréal Colour Riche leGloss in Iced Latte
When I'm not wearing my Baby Lips, I swipe on this gloss. It's a nice nude colour with a beautiful hint of shimmer. It's almost the exact colour of my lips (which are pretty tinted on their own) so it just enhances them. The gloss lasts a while, but I definitely need to reapply after eating or drinking. It's great to throw on and not think about, I don't even need a mirror! The application and texture is superb.


Now it's time for....empties!! What products have I loved so long and hard that I've run out?



Clockwise from top:


Back to Nature Anti-Fade Hydrating Shampoo&Conditioner 
I never, ever once noticed this stuff at the store. Apparently they retail for about $9 each, but when I saw them marked down at Kroger for a BUCK each, I thought about my underwhelming hair routine at home and threw them in my basket. When I got home I read the ingredients and realised they are sulfate-free! (Really sulfate-free. Not like some other products that shall not be named) The smell is also quite pleasant. There's aloe, cucumber, hints of citrus and acai. What sold me was how they made my hair feel. I've never had a drugstore shampoo and condition leave my damaged, over-coloured hair feel this amazing. These two bottles are empty, but thankfully I had bought two of each (at $1 a pop, what did I have to lose? Turns out, nothing!)
St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub
This is my go-to face scrub/cleanser. I go through it regularly, but this will be the first and only time I'll feature it in an Empties post. I always had trouble finding a scrub that would not tear my face apart (I'm looking at you, Apricot Scrub) or feel like nothing (shout out to Clean&Clear Exfoliating Scrub). The 1% salicylic acid probably isn't enough to actively do anything for my existing acne, but it seems to have kept major breakouts at bay for all the months I've been using it. I love the scent, even though it's a bit chemical-y.
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Ivory
As you can see, I've put a pump on it ( from Maybelline Dream Liquid foundation). It doesn't fit perfectly, because the bottleneck is taller than on the Dream Liquid, but it fits securely and works wonderfully. The picture looks like it's still full, but the foundation's been laying on its side for a while. I love love LOVE this foundation. It's a bit heavy for the warmer months, so I'm actually grateful I ran out now, so it doesn't sit in my drawer until October.
MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof!
My absolute go-to highlighter shadow. It's the perfect shimmery light champagne colour for my browbone and around my tearduct. I even use it under my eyes/on my cheekbones for extra highlighting. I bought this sometime back in 2008 and I'm honestly shocked it's lasted this long. I first hit pan probably early 2009, but it's resisted crumbling out like a lot of shadows do.
Nivea Touch of Happiness Body Wash in Orange Blossom Scent & Bamboo Essence

My favourite bodywash this spring! Had to go out today and buy a new one because I was so afraid I'd run out by tomorrow and I'd have no good-smelling bodywash! If you like citrus, you'll love this. It's orange-y but also light and happy! I actually have no idea if it really has any power to affect my mood, but I must say I feel more cheerful when I smell it! The "Hydra IQ" technology it advertises may be a crock, it may not, but I feel pretty moisturized after scrubbing with this.
And last but not least:
Dove GoFresh Body Mist in Burst: Nectarine & White Ginger

Can you tell I like citrus? This spray was actually buried in a multitude of drawers and boxes and suitcases from my past year and a half of moving three times. It obviously doesn't have the staying power of a perfume or body spray, nor does it claim to. But it harmonizes very well with the Nivea body wash I just mentioned. Light and citrusy and perfect for after workouts or on warm days outside.






Once again, thanks for bearing with me through this extra-super-long entry!


Much love, and as always, go out and feel beautiful today!


-Halla

No comments:

Post a Comment